Mungo October 18

stevron

At 700 hours a lonely Brumby departed YMAY with clear skies and a light tail wind for YHAY with a ground speed of 110 kts it was not a fast trip but enjoyable.

Arriving in Hay I met up with my only flying companion from the Holbrook flying Club, Andrew . We exchanged pleasantries and then departed for YLMU. Though only a short distance from Hay to Mungo Lodge we were there in no time, the flight was like glass with picturesque scenery.

On arrival at Mungo, I did a lap over looking the sand dune, sand stone formations and dry lake bed, to my surprise , there was still no turbulence or adverse winds which allowed me to take some photos.

We flew to Mungo Lodge for Coffee and stayed for lunch. It was then decided that this would do us for the day as Andrew had not been to Mungo before. The Lodge rented us a 4x4 For $30 to go to the visitor centre and around the local area to do some sight seeing.

Later that afternoon the flying doctor arrived at the lodge air strip to pick up a sick or injured person who had been brought in by road ambulance. My goodness those turbo props on the air ambulance kick up an enormous amount of dust, we could hardly see the lodge buildings.

We ended up enjoying the last part of a fantastic day sitting on the baloney of the lodge rehydrating. Later on we meet 2 ladys from Tocumwal air village who where enjoying some R&R. After a delightful 1st class meal and wine, we engaged the ladys in some light hearted banter about their flying experiences and then we parted company and retired for the evening.

Next morning Andrew and I departed for Nhill ,(I bet we woke every one up) again the weather gods were with us, tail winds and smooth air all the way past Robinvale , Mildura, I was delighted with how green that area is from the air.

As we approached Nhill the wind picked up , not so good, I did get some cross wind landing practice though.

Andrew arranged for us to be picked up and use of a car for the day, after very late breakfast or early lunch I decided to leave Nhill and met up with some Bendigo Flying club members returning from Coober Pedy.

Bendigo has a new and improved runway and taxi way system which is a delight to land on. I stayed the night in Bendigo and departed for Echuca the next morning, returning to Albury later that day.

I enjoyed every minute of the trip, good flying thanks to the weather gods and the good company of Andrew from Holbrook flying club. I look forward to our next trip

43C78C8A-8B71-4BF2-AAC4-68AED0E41015.jpeg.5910ad19e3253c556edf6e128198a527.jpeg

• Like 7