Sukhoi Superjet 100 Crash

.......A report by one of the last passengers off said one of the firies offered a bottle of vodka to the passengers. Makes you wonder what sort of professional fire and rescue crew drives around with a bottle of vodka in the truck......

I had a Vincent motorcycle, and was proceeding like a bat out of hell through the Thames village of Hamilton, where the road makes a very gentle S between walled gardens. At the centre of the S is a T junction, where an innocent Austin driver, not anticipating bats or anything else at illegal speeds, had just begun to pull out when he saw me. At this point he panicked and either dropped the clutch, or vacillated between going and not going; whatever he was doing, the Austin continued to emerge in front of me in a series of jerky kangaroo hops. Which made it very hard to decide whether to try and pass in front of him, or behind him. In the upshot, I tried for behind, but in trying to get behind, the back of the Vincent swung out. The rear of the Vincent sports a meaty mudguard stanchion that doubles as a swing down stand, and it raked along the entire side of the Austin, opening it like a can of beans. The bike and I then parted company, and I slid down the road for some distance. As you do.

Directly opposite that junction is a cottage. And in the cottage that day were a motorcycling father and his motorcycling sons, and they poured out and propped me and the bike against the wall. The Austin driver left shortly after with his freshly channeled car. I feel a bit bad about that, he clearly must have thought it was his fault. Then father and sons took to the Vincent and checked it out.

And I was sat in their sunny kitchen where Mum fed me several stiff belts of rum. After which they popped me back in the saddle, and stood at the gate waving as I rode away.

You have a problem with that?????????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1