Amazing STOL

jordy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest High Plains Drifter

Hrumph.... not as good as it looks 727, that Otter airframe is five times the length of a Drifter airframe ...its actually a long landing for the 60 knots of wind:;)1:

The pilot is probably that Paul Claus from the Big Rocks and Long props video.

What do you do up on the Cape?

Sorry you didn't find it as Impressive as I did mate, I really thought it was a great shot of the twatter!!!

Me? I'm a fleet manager for one of the Cape York tour companies, We were chartering the Twin Otter for our Scenic work for BAM-HID-BAM. Unfortunately Regional Aviation (Hevi-lift PNG) have removed the otters, so now we use Barrier Aviations Islanders (piston), wow, they are loud!!!!

I was first amazed by the Twin Otters whilst landing on Lady Elliot Island, and from all reports, they can really take a pounding.

Anyway, thats me.

Guest High Plains Drifter

727, I'll certainly never get a job as a joke writer - thought you might like the comparison to a Drifter.

I liked the clip - bit of a short field landing connoisseur myself, my DVD collection includes; Cubs hard core and Big Rocks and Long Props.

Nice part of the world your in. I used to enjoy standing out the front of the old Cairns Bush Pilots Airways maintenance hanger and watch the big jets go.

HPD