Airlines you have flown on.

TAA Matt

Hey Guys,

Just putting out there a post to see what airlines you have flown with and what your opinions are with them. Who knows it could even infulence who we fly with next.

I have flown with;

Malaysian Airlines -

I flew Malaysian Airlines in 2002 from SYD - KUL - LHR and return and on one sector from SYD - KUL in 2003 when another one of my flights were delayed. On all sectors i flew on their Boeing 747-400 and found their flight attendants very attentive, always smiling etc... Their in-flight entertainment was also good, but did not offer a huge varietey of movies/shows. Food was not great but what do you exect in an airline, especially in economy. Overall good flights.

Thai International -

I flew Thai once in 2003 KUL - BKK - HKT and back to Sydney and again in 2004 SYD - MEL - BKK - HKT and return. Flights were operated on a 747-400 (longer sectors) and i cant really remember what the smaller aircraft were, i think they were airbus'. Seats were comfortable, and the flight attendants....i must commend Thai on them, they are fantastic, the service is fantastic, too bad they dont have the inflight entertainment to go with it.

Air China -

Flew Air China in July of last year Sydney - Shanghai - Beijing - Shanghai - Melbroune - Sydney. I had my grave fears and certain parts of the flights on the B767 on the way over and B777 on the way home were scary but the seats were comfortable with comfortable leg room and the food was nice. Inflight enteretainment more or sosucked and the flight attendents were not very good but i must commend them on cleaning the toilet every 30 minutes - 45 minutes of the flight its a nice feeling to know they are getting cleaned and you are using clean toilets.

Qantas Airways -

Have not flown Qantas heaps. First time was in Feburary of 2005, to Los Angeles, i can still remember the flight numbers QF107 and the Captain was Tony Butcher and flight home was QF12 and Captain was Russell Smith. Overall good flights, service was ok, food wasnt too great but inflight entertainment made up for that. Great flightson the Qantas Boeing 747-400, especially QF107 as i got to go up into the flight deck upon landing at LAX.

Second time with Qantas was this year on QF3 to Honolulu and QF4 home on the Boeing 747-300, and other than looking at the wing busniness class cabin you woudl think your in a B747-400. QF3 on the way over was dissapointing, senior cabin staff didtn really care less, meal was served, amenaties were handed out and only 2 drinks were served for the duration of the 9 hour flight. However QF4 on the way home service was excellent. Inflight entertainment on the 743 with the new PTV's is great. You also have to like Qantas for giving you an ice cream after your meal although at first its way too hard to eat lol.

Well to start off I must talk about our Australian Airline, Qantas.

Qantas

I have flown Qantas a few times. The first was in 2003 when I looked at the old Sydney International Airport Enthusiast's Site before it was taken off the Net. I flew home from Sydney on an Airbus A330-201. The second time I flew with Qantas was in Feburary of the following year when I flew up to Sydney on QF 187 from Melbourne on an Airbus A330-303 for the Sydney International Spootters Weekend. I like their food and the friendly service they offer. i would have no hesitation in recommending Qantas to anyone who wants to fly in comfort.

Virgin Blue

The next Airline is Virgin Blue. Both times I flew on them where the same trips I took with Qantas. Bothe times I flew on a Boeing 737-700. The seats are a bit small but apart from that the planes are nice and neat. the Cabin Crew are all friendly. The food isn't that crash hot as you hav to pay a bit for a small amount of food. Apart from that they are a good airline.

REX

This airline is one of the best Airlines in the world in my oppinion. They service the east coast of Australia's regional Airports and connect to the more Bigger City Airports. Their friendly service is better to none and their prices are great. The aircraft are currently getting better and better. I hav flown on this Airline every time I have flown with Qantas and Virgin Blue.

Ansett

I have only flown on Ansett once. It was about 8 years ago when I was coming home from Canberra after a School Camp. It was on a Boeing 767-200 and I can't remember much from it.

Guest David747

Hello mhogg91.

Interesting topic. Good to hear you have enjoyed most of your flights.

For me...

-JETSTAR x 3. Despite the fact people are always whinging and whining about them, I had no problems with them at all. Since I was travelling alone with them, the free seating was no worries as I checkin early, get an orange boarding pass and pin point the seat/s in my mind I wish to take. Early, ontime and slightly late arrivals and departures. Cabin Crew friendly and do a great job. Got to visit the flight deck with them a couple times. A good airline for me and I have no hesitation flying on them and will do in the future.

-VIRGIN BLUE x 2. Both flights on 737 700s ROK-BNE & SYD-MCY. Cabin crew friendly and do a good job, legroom is no worries despite I'm tall and seating is comfy. Catering good. Got to visit the flight deck on one flight. Overall, I'd rate them the same as Jetstar and I have no hesitation flying them and will do in future.

-FREEDOM AIR X 2. Flew on them from BNE-WLG and return on the old 737 300. Despite being a LCC and no frills airline (very basic), no kind of IFE etc, I couldn't fault them. Cabin crew were very nice and let me see the cockpit. Seating was comfy and legroom was all good. Catering options good. Ontime arrivals and departures. A great airline for me and I'd happily fly them again but it's a shame they canned their BNE-AKL/WLG/CHC flights and gave them to Coolangatta.

-SUNSHINE EXPRESS X 2. They are a regional carrier and I flew on them from MCY to BNE and back just for a ride on the Metro and the Shorts (which is now gone.) The Metro is very cramped as you could imagine (you cannot even stand up straight) but the seating and legroom is really good. Very fun to ride on. The Shorts was really fun too, found the legroom was more cramped than the Metro. The pilots and cabin crew member (on Shorts) were all very friendly and did a great job. Sunshine Express is a great little airline but is waaayyy to expensive!

-AIR PACIFIC X 2. Flew on em on a family holiday to Fiji in June 2001 from BNE-NAN on the 738 and NAN-BNE on the 73G. On the 738, the cabin crew were not friendly and seemed unhappy and hassled. I tried to ask em if I could visit the flight deck but I virtually had to nag em to do so, if I hadn't of done so, it would've never happened. The Captain was very friendly. Seating was fine and food very average. The 73G flight just sucked! After a big action packed week in Fiji, I was pretty tired and it would'nt of taken much for me to get stroppy instantly, which was exactly what happened. I asked the crew if I could visit the flight deck but I was unable to do so. I was very bummed but things led up. The flight was late due to late pax, a screaming baby annoyed the heck outta me during take off. The food was yuck! We kopped strong headwinds which made the flight longer and alot more tiresome, especially being on a chockablock small a/c with inanely long lines blocking the whole isle so people can just go to the loo. No Air Pacific for me again unless I fly on the 763 or 744 via SYD.

-QANTAS X 19 (throughout my life) I don't like the way they are so Sydney Centric and underservice, ignore and cann routes from MEL/BNE/PER/ADL/CNS/DRW. But it doesn't stop me from saying that Qantas is my all time favourite airline. I'm always excited to fly QF. I'm always happy to fly QF. Catering is very average but I don't really care. Had a mixture of ontime and late flights but never affected my time. Their cabin crew are really lovely and spoil me rotton by giving me those QF pens, cards, postcards, letting me look and take pics in business class, and they sometimes let me see the cockpit and I get a chance to chat to the pilots who are really nice. Their seating is very comfy and leg room is great. Flying on the 747s from BNE-SYD is just awesome! The best way to get between the 2 cities by 100% What can I say, thank you Qantas for giving we some of my best ever flights and I will fly QF many, many times yet!

That's my list for now, sorry it's so long!

David...

Guest WillMikoyan

Well mine arent all that exciting..

Garuda Indonesia - when I first came to Australia from NZ twe flew on one of thier DC-10s, this flight was the one that made me wan't to be an airline pilot. The crew were friendly, couldn't fault them, but the cabin did smell a bit like ciggarettes and soy (for some reason). I was invited, with my brother, to go and take a look at the cockpit, and i remember all of the guages everywhere, and remember seeing that they had stuck nespaper on the window to stop the sun glare.

Ansett - These guy on my first flight with them were a bit cranky but still profesional about thier jobs. the second time was a bit better, I found them about the same a Qantas comfort and friendliness, plus I still have the pencil cases and stuff they gave me onboard. Pity they are extinct.

Qantas - I think everyone knows what qantas is like.

Freedom Air - very good LCC, they were friendly and let me see the cockpit.

Virgin - Apart from alway seeming to get sat next to large people, and the seat being very cramped, they were a good airline almost fun to fly with, having bubbly and happy cabin crew.