Just can't wait to go flying

Guest jimbo_xyz

Guest jimbo_xyz

Hello,

I've been looking at different forms of aviation for a while but recreation sounds great. I've done a couple of trial flights and loved it. I'm currently overseas with the Defence Force putting the pennies away. Upon my return I plan on working on my RA-Aus licence full time in my holidays at Bendigo. Then I would like to get an aircraft of my own. Preferably build one from a kit. Unfortunately I'm going to miss Natfly this year which sounds like a great event.

Hopefully I'll see some of you around the traps in the future.

Cheers,

James.

Guest jimbo_xyz

The Jab's certainly seem popular. They don't seem tobe the fastest for the money so what's the hook with them? Not that I'm saying speed is all that matters. All this talking about it is such a tease. I just want to get started.

Guest jimbo_xyz

The Cheetah sounds like a great plane but how durable is the stits covering compared to the composit Jab or an aluminium covered plane.

Which will last longer?

Either way I still think the Cheetah has the looks over others.

I think it will compare well and last well, but I'm an optimist. But why go stits if you don't want to? Garry is currently building an all-metal Cheetah with a Jab 2200. When we finished the Sierra and weighed it, it didn't weigh much more that the half-fabric Cheetah - even with an extended nose and a 6 cylinder engine. About 40 Kg from memory. So he figures an all-metal 4 cyl Cheetah will be doable.

Ask him.

Ross

Guest jimbo_xyz

Sounds good Ross, it'll be a few months before I can be serious about getting one. I have to get that flying ticket first. For now it's all just a pipe dream.:;)4:

No doubt it will happen though.