I Need Help

Hi All.

I just finally purchased a Canon EOS 350D SLR Digital Camera.

I am a new user to it and I was wondering if some of the members on this board that do a bit of Photography would be nice enough to give me a few pointers on

The Correct Settings and some tips for

1. Side on Photography ie the mound or beach at Sydney

2. Cockpit Shots

3. Window Shots ie from you seat out to the wing on an aircraft or from a Terminal window out to an Aircraft

4. Cabin Pictures ie Pictures of your seat or an overveiw of say an Economy Class Cabin on Qantas

I have a standard 18-55mm Lens but I have also brought a 75-300mm Lens which should arrive in the next couple of days.

Any help would be really apreciated

Guest Chainsaw

Hey Dan, nice one!

I dont know the model of camera you have, others may be better to advise you on some of these things.

As far as composition is concerned, always try to leave a little space around your subject, because as the plane is usually moving, its all too easy to leave a part out. Its the 'damn it' factor. When you get home and look at the pics, you do 'damn it, I should have left more space around the stupid plane''. Trust me, I'm an expert at leaving bits out. :roll:

Have a good look at Airliners for the specific airport. Here is another camera related link that might help.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/ Read the forum about your camera.

http://www.photools.com/ This software kicks butt. I swear by it. It is truly amazing what it can do to organise your pics. Just using folders on your computer just won't cut it when you have lots of photos. When I go to YSSY, I quite often take around 300 pics. This year I have accumulated over 7,000. Try and put that lot into folders and find stuff! Ask me any questions about this one. This applies to everybody. :)

You will need special band-aides for your shutter button RSI problem :lol:

Go mental taking pics before you do serious stuff at the airport. Each use of a given setting must become totally automatic, most times you dont have time to think (planes fly fast you know). Know your camera inside and out.

Enough? Ok :shock: