Who's the lucky one?

zenonie

Had some visitors to Kilcowera a few days ago, 4 guys who flew in to spend the night a have a bit of a look around. Over tea that night the pilot asked if I would like to have a bit of a look around the property as it has rained here recently and I have been grounded so haven't been able to see how much water in Lake Wyara and what creeks have run and just generaly see how much water is about the place.

So we jump in his plane - the most beautiful machine - a Cirrus SR 22 only 2 years old with a 320 horsepower continental engine. It's the fastest, slipperiest small plane that I have ever been in - and he let me fly it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal! So modern and sleek and two big screens giving all sorts of info. ( I reckon after you set up the cruise control he could probably get pay TV in there too ) The control collum was very easy to use with the trim right near your thumb. Bit different to the little Skyfox. Oh well horses for courses, he flies all over Oz, I only fly around Kilcowera. Had a lot of fun though! Cheers zenoni

Guest Darren Masters

Zenoni, that aircraft is my dream machine :D You were lucky to get a fly in it and a fly of it :D

Really your dream machine Darren? Are they that good comparitively? It's the newest and spoofiest thing with wings that I've ever seen but I haven't been to any air shows or had much opportunity to check out some of the new things getting around.

I do know that it sure is an improvement on the 20, 30 and 40 year old GA planes we are all so used to. No offense to any one!!!!!!! or their plane. But the engine has been around a long time, not much new there. This plane is for sale too, wonder what he wants for it. The guy flew it back to oz from America himself, that would be super interesting to do. zenonie

Guest Darren Masters

Zenonie, the thing that appeals to me about the Cirrus are the looks (a big plus), comfort and speed. It's all class. Not many 'real' instruments about though is there? :lol:

Guest g_i_jack029

ooooh, the Cirrus SR22 is a very....VERYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! nice aircraft!!!

i'd love to get myself a SR22!!!!!

apparently a flying school in YSHT has a SR22!!!

Gawne aviation i think it is!

Guest OzChris
ooooh, the Cirrus SR22 is a very....VERYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! nice aircraft!!!i'd love to get myself a SR22!!!!!

apparently a flying school in YSHT has a SR22!!!

Gawne aviation i think it is!

Thats right there is HERE

Guest Darren Masters

What an appropriate name for the flying school. That is exactly what will happen to your money when you start flying the cirrus :lol: