Virgin Blue Planes 2009

Guest Chainsaw

Guest Chainsaw

Ok here we go:

VB have 19 x 737-800's on order to replace older 737-700's. VB have been offered 900's, therefore increasing capacity. Also gives them an option via Pacific Blue to do some limited International Ops.

All according to the Powder Room...just a rumour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Think the E-Jet order is pretty much done....

And actually just looking at the Virgin Blue website 11 E190's, 3 E170's were ordered with 6 options. -ZPL makes 12 E190's and -ZHF makes 6 E170's which makes a total of 18 leaving 2 of it's options still to be taken.

Guest Dean747
Ok here we go:VB have 19 x 737-800's on order to replace older 737-700's. VB have been offered 900's, therefore increasing capacity. Also gives them an option via Pacific Blue to do some limited International Ops.

All according to the Powder Room...just a rumour

I hope the 900 rumour is true.:eusa_drool:

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope the older 700's don't. Other than the 2 E190s I have being on I have only flown the 700's most of the older ones, I have being on: VBA, VBC, VBD, VBH, VBL, VBM, VBR, VBV and VBZ and I would hate to see any of them go.

Guest Chainsaw

I started this in Oct 2008. The rumor is still strong. There is even talk amongst some flight staff. I don't believe anything is actual yet. I think if there were actual orders, they would have to tell the stock exchange, therefore we must be hearing leaked planning whispers...if indeed they are true at all. I suppose time will reveal all.

All according to the Powder Room...