Putting out feelers

zenonie

Hi all, I reckon this is the place to ask if a flying instructor just happens to be wandering past my place some time in the near future could he/she drop in and give me a little of their time to do a BFR.

I'm in SW Qld on a station that takes in visitors so we are well equipped to look after people.

I want to do the BFR in my plane, a skyfox. If I go away to have it done I can't find a skyfox to do it in and I do not want to fly my plane any where near the east coast! AARRGGHHHHH! Just happy flying it around out here chasing cows around.

Hope that someone can help me out one day. c ya zenonie

Gday mate iknow you said you didnt want to come east but there is a small grass strip airport at Murwillambar ICAO YMUR its like 10-15 min flight south west of Gold Coast airport and im sure they have a skyfox there i remember seeing a website which i cannont find sorry i will keep looking for you

Hi Terry, the BFR is imminent. And yeah we are a long way from anywhere but easy to get to by road or air.....and there are plenty more remoter places than this.

I remember talking to a lady years ago who had to drive for 5 hours in the dark to bring her kids in to Thargomindah to catch a bus at 5am to take them to boarding school in Toowoomba, 1000 kms away. At least my drive to take my kids in was only and hour. cheers zenonie

Guest OzChris

Zenonie I think that school that Mattie is talking about is a 'satellite school' called Scenic Rim Aviation - The CFI is Mark Hamilton, he is located in Boonah - his mobile number is: 0413 025178 and land line: 5463 1933. He operates the satellite school from Murwillambar as Mattie said :]

Thanks a lot for all your help. I'm going down to the SE corner of Qld early next year, so I will ring them and see if they do BFR"S for GA. I nearly went gliding at that club a few years ago but the bloke was not available the day I wanted to do it.

I really quite like the idea of doing it down there, beautiful part of Aus. Last BFR ,I did out of archerfield in a Piper warrier, talk about being a nervous wreck. Hadn't flown anything other than the skyfox for 9 years! Thanks to you all. zenonie