Want to start a blog- where 2 start?

zenonie

Morning everyone! We had 20 mls of rain y'day, so nice, I don't have to water anything in my gardens for a couple of days now.

I am wanting to start a blog and have no idea how. It is mainly going to be to promote our tourist busines in the nicest poss way and to give us more of an online presence.

I will give an overview on life on the station from 1980 to now and then make regular entries about interesting things happening. I want to put lots of images on it too in the easiest way poss. I would like to link it to my website as well. How do I make it search engine friendly? Is the name of the blog really important? Should all the images be named and have keywords ( of what I am trying to promote ) in that name?

Any and all feedback will be carefully scrutinised! Thanks, zenonie

I agree blogspot (blogger.com) is great - and when you start the blog it gives you an option to link to their front page which increases traffic numbers on your blog. It also pays to link to freinds blogs and have them put links to your blog.

You can also add widgets like feedjit which shows you traffic stats on your blog, i.e. whos visited from where - they also give you an option to link to your local blogosphere which also increases traffic numbers to your site.

If you want an example of blogspot and feedjit then have a look at my blog - Marlborough Aviation Scene - I dont úse keywords for any of my pics or posts and I seem to have good readership from all over the world, despite having a really hard web address if your typing it into your broswer manually.

Good luck with your blog

• 4 weeks later...