What are you doing for Christmas and the New Year?

Uncle Chop Chop

G'Day folks. It has come to that time again in the year where we all start to wind down and Relax. so I thought I would start a topic and ask everyone what they are doing for the Christmas/New Year Break.

I'll kick it off and start at Christmas Eve. I will travel from Melbourne to Merino (South Western Victoria). My Dad plays Santa for the local Lions Club Christmas Party every Christmas Eve. After that I will probably just go to the local Pub and sink a few Quiet Ones and catch up with the locals.

On Christmas Day Mum is having a lunch at the Hospital she works at so Dad and I will probably head there for lunch. For tea Mum is cooking up a feast at Home.

On Boxing Day I will be coming back to Melbourne and then going to Avalon Speedway.

On the 27th I am driving up to Murray Bridge Speedway (1 hour south of Adelaide) and will be helping out with Rnd 1 of the Oval Express Formula 500 Series.

On the 28th I will be driving down to Mt Gambier Speedway and do the same as the night before.

I get a night off on the 29th. Then on the 30th I will again be helping out with the Formula 500's at Hamilton's Western Speedway. Hamilto is just 30 minutes North East of Merino.

Another night off on New Years Eve and then back into the Speedway at Premier Speedway, Warrnambool.

Then on the 3rd and 4th of Janurary the final Rnd of the Oval Express Forumla 500 Series will take place at Laang Speedway. On the 5th it's back home to Melbourne and then back to work on the 6th.

To all have a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

Guest Chainsaw

I suppose I'm going for the greed option as usual. As things quieten down, more building work on the house and much needed farm maintenance...yes Chainy maintenance too. I look forward to actually having a day off. It's been 7 days for the past 3 months. Catch up with daughters. Planes - planeplotter TAA et al.

Guest Dean747

I will be having my 2nd full Chrismas day off in 7 years :dance3:so a couple of drinks ( not many back to work boxing day) ison the cards. For a bonus I have new years day off as well so anything could happen there.

I'm jetting off to the Big Apple for Christmas with my best friend. We are spending 3 nights in Manhattan before flying home on Boxing Day.

For New Year I will be in Paris with the relatives (quick visit I hope - they always stuff me when I'm over there so that I need to go to the gym as soon as I get back home).

Guest OzChris

Wow - that sounds awesome Strawb!!

Im spending it with my beautiful family...nothing exciting, but I wouldnt trade it for anything :]

Guest Darren Masters

Good thread mate :biggrin: Yes, indeed things are winding down now. All good though. I spent this weekend with my kids and cousins who have come from Germany. I have not seen them for 7 years so it was good to catch up. Today was The Oaks Christmas Party so it was good to go out there and catch up after so long of no flying and visits out there. Going back for more through the week. I think the bug has bitten me again hey Dave C? Tomorrow have my 30th birthday party at my place in the evening then work Christmas party the following night then get ready to have the kids Christmas Eve through to early Christmas day just spending it there with the family. That's what it's all about anyway. NYE have planned to go into the city for the fireworks with my cousins then on the 2nd Jan pack up and head off to Lightning Ridge for a few days. Should be a comfortable 45 degrees by then in that area :eek: Again, nice thread and everyone enjoy the festive season and time with the family.

Guest David C

Good to see you at The Oaks today Darren ... I reckon the bugs bitten me today too . I really needed that trip over to The Oaks today to rekindle my flying passion .. Got off topic a bit there . :tongue:... I am rostered off work this Xmas , wonders will never cease , so we are going over to my son Matthews place on Xmas Day , possibly staying overnight if my old mate Johnnie Walker has any say in it , then back home for Boxing Day before back to work on the 27th . I am working NYE and New Years Day so no partying for me I'm afraid . Have one for me though:wink:

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

:biggrin::biggrin: Glenn, we need 'The Oaks' thread under the Recreational Aviation area I am afraid...Good to see you too mate. Hopefully many more of those times ahead.

I dont have anything really planned for the Christmas holidays apart from going to Launceston on Jan 20.. Avi has invited me to come over and visit, but we still havent worked out a date yet... I might go over to YMML on good northly days and do some spotting/photos.