Jq akl ops

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

I believe we will be using the A320's for Trans-Tasman and the 321's for NZ Domestic. Just FYI and eyes only. Can't say much more about anything really. First lot of crew in air-training (line training) in CHC at this time.

Hi Darren. Will be interesting to compare the layouts compared to Air New Zealand on the A320's.... the amount of room given to business, premium economy, economy etc plus the seating widths and leg room.

Looks like hot competition for Air New Zealand...not only with the craft but with the flight crew! :)

Guess they will also have a pricing strategy too with different types of fares..flexi etc. Will be interesting to see how both market their products.

Would love to see the seating / interior layouts when they become known if you are able to post them?? Cheers Tim

Guest Darren Masters
Hi Darren. Will be interesting to compare the layouts compared to Air New Zealand on the A320's.... the amount of room given to business, premium economy, economy etc plus the seating widths and leg room.Looks like hot competition for Air New Zealand...not only with the craft but with the flight crew! :)

Guess they will also have a pricing strategy too with different types of fares..flexi etc. Will be interesting to see how both market their products.

Would love to see the seating / interior layouts when they become known if you are able to post them?? Cheers Tim

I have got various items of interest but can't post much until a general media release but in saying that, when that does happen, I am sure I can offer some 'further' info. Interesting times ahead though I will agree.

Guest Chainsaw

321's for domestic? That does seem a bit odd for a larger capacity plane. I suppose time will tell.

Guest Darren Masters

Chainy, seems to be a demand for the capacity on the domestic runs here. We are being trained on the 320 and 321. They were saying the 321 was not ETOPS for Trans-Tasman.

Chainy, seems to be a demand for the capacity on the domestic runs here. We are being trained on the 320 and 321. They were saying the 321 was not ETOPS for Trans-Tasman.

Thats weired though. Air New Zealand fly the A321 to the East Coast of Australia don't they?

Guest David C
Thats weired though. Air New Zealand fly the A321 to the East Coast of Australia don't they?

No ... They operate the A320 to the East Coast , they have no A321's..

Dave C

Guest Chainsaw

Dave they actually do mate :)

From today's ACARS.

VH-VWZ JQ0430 08/04/2009 07:40 Jetstar A321-231 Melbourne-Gold Coast

Guest David C
Chainy, I think Dave was referring to Air New Zealand having no A321's.

Hate to be pedantic , but yes I was responding to Uncle Chop Chops reference to Air New Zealand A321's . Yet to see a Jetstar A321 in this neck of the woods , even over the top would be nice ..... I'll keep looking skywards though ..:biggrin:

Dave C

Guest Chainsaw

Any inaccurate comments made by me are purely involuntary and cannot be taken as being of human origin. The air here is so nice and clean it has affected me.

lol

mmm that should do it.