Interesting Co-incidences

Tim E

Winsor68's post reminded me of two coincidence stories I thought might be interesting to share..and see what other people have also experienced.

Story 1.

Back in the 90's the day before my big trip to the NT and W.A, I went and got a good fix up massage here in wangaratta from my local masseur Frank. Frank often told me stories of the war and also about the large part of his life he spent growing up in W.A.

Frank was born and bred in a big timber town called Manjimup, south of Perth and later went on to be a successful footy coach there.

On about the third day of my trip into W.A , I went on a mini bus tour along some isolated beach.up north near Carnarvon or Exmouth somewhere. A 4WD pulled up and I started talking to this chap who had just driven 24 hours across country to get to the beach..started talking with him and mentioned Frank. Turns out this guy was his best mate as a kid and lived next door to him in Manjimup!

Story 2. When I got back from this trip, I mentioned to Frank I had visited my uncle's grave at Victoria River cemetery in NT, south of Darwin on way to Katherine. Frank's unit used to do coaswatching etc up in NT. I told him the story of how my Uncle Bob had drowned trying to rescue a fellow soldier when their craft overturned on the flooded Roper River.

To my amazement, Frank said. "Oh I remember that. My unit got there about half an hour after it happened. The officer should never have made them cross that river in flood!"

Two real "co-incidences", both involving this elderly gentleman from Manjimup..and later on Waangaratta, and me.

I wonder what other stories others have to add to Winsor 68's story and mine? Looking forward to hearing them Tim