Gatton Breakfast Report

Guest Michael Coates

Guest Michael Coates

Well, another perfect day in paradise ! Almost 90 planes arrived from early morning in PERFECT weather for the annual breakfast flyin at Gatton Airpark. Everything from a Stagerwing to the oldest Thruster graced the skies around Gatton. Great food, great company, overall a GREAT DAY !

Aaargh! Lucky devils! Cloud down to 400' AGL with intermittent rain at my place today. Lousy weather this weekend. Lousy weather last weekend. Probably explains why I'm so grumpy of late.....

Anyway, nice to see someone's getting good flying weather and that some Austers can get out of the hangar!!

Coop

Guest Michael Coates

Yep, 28 degrees, wind gusting to 3 knots, no cloud. Just another day up here !

Forcast for the next 6 days is rain however !

So its not exactly, "Beautiful one day and perfect the next"

Guest OzChris

Nice to see blue sky's....forgot what it looks like

Sounds like a great event and great FUN!

Guest Darren Masters

Nice pics guys. Heard this is always a good do. Coop, trying living in Auckland. Raining one minute, raining harder the next!

Nice pics guys. Heard this is always a good do. Coop, trying living in Auckland. Raining one minute, raining harder the next!

At least yoiu get a Descent Rain Fall over there. Down in Victoria we get a few spits and thats it! What is the Annual Rainfall over there Daz? I bet it pusses down there ey? :biggrin:

Guest Darren Masters
At least yoiu get a Descent Rain Fall over there. Down in Victoria we get a few spits and thats it! What is the Annual Rainfall over there Daz? I bet it pusses down there ey? :biggrin:

I don't know exactly matey but I am sure it is high. I think we had the annual rainfall in one night last night! :eek:

G'day all

And the way it is raining here in toowoomba at the moment I think we have recieved more rain in two days than we have recieved in the last year.

Talked to a customer of mine, having to cancel another job due Wx, he told me he has measured 80mm of rain this morning(7.30am) for the last 24hr period which is very good for us and expecting another two days of consistant wet weather. Severe weather warning has been issued for QLD SE today too.

So no pleasure flying will be happening today, although I heard a King Air depart about 5 minutes ago

Scott

Guest Michael Coates

366.6mm at Burleigh in the last 24 hours up to 9am and it's still raining hard.

Well, every perfect weekend is followed up by something to ruin your week or as they say, every drought is followed by a flood, and every flood is followed by a drought !

G'day CoopSome lovely Austers arrived through the morning

here is one to kick it off

Scottw

A full flap landing, eh? Bet he bounced it!

Seen Ray's machine before, but looks like it's had a facelift.

Thanks

Coop

G'day CoopAnd three more Austers that arrived

Scottw

Nope, hadn't seen any of those before... I think.

ABI and ABJ must surely be stablemates.

Hopefully we'll see all these at the Auster Rally in Broken Hill later this year (October 3rd/4th).

Thanks for the pictures,

Regards

Coop