Vans RV7A

Guest airsick

Guest airsick

Been thinking a bit lately about these things. Does anyone here have any experience with building one? I am particularly interested in finding out build times (quick build) and freight costs as well as general comments on the kit.

I have a few emails 'out there' but am being impatient. Hopefully someone here will get back to me quicker than the others I have asked. :)

I can't afford an RV7, but an RV4 is my dream plane. It is similar to the 7 being tandem seating, has an enviable reputation thanks to John Johansen and is nearer to being an RAAus registerable plane.

I have just realised that I was thinking of the RV8 when I mentioned the tandem seating. Will have a look at Van's site, but with the share market in decline I have lost too much of my retirement portfolo to start selling shares to buy a kit.

Hi Airsick

Jump onto this group.It is an active site that the RV builders use currently to share information. There are quite a few active RV7 builders in australia. Search the group and all will be revealed. ask questions by all means..you may have to register with yahoo though...

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/RVs_in_Aus/

Regards

Phil

Guest airsick

Thanks all. Am in India at the moment so checking out the websites and groups you suggested is a tad slow with my internet connection being quite sporadic at best.

I am a while off purchasing anything yet, just doing the usual tire kicking, working out costs, convincing the wife that it is a good idea, etc. Am moving into my new house late this year then putting up a new shed so it certainly won't be before then. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif