Flight No: QF1474

Reg: VH-QOK

Type: Bombardier Dash 8-Q400

Seat: 10B Seq: 20

Class: Economy

STD: 11:55 ATD: 12:12

STA: 12:45 ATA: 13:08

Gate: 14

Well after my schedualed departure on QF 564 which was cancelled (due to VH-TJI or TJI carking it) I was certainly relieved to be stepping onto VH-QOK a full 3 hours later. The aircraft had arived late due to traffic in Sydney. We boarded at our schedualed departure time of 11:55 and we were on the ground for another 15 or so minutes. Eventually we were ready to commence start up with Captain Michael Bourke in control.

A long taxi down to the end of runway 35 (we had to wait for VZC to start up) and we were away at last a full half hour behind at 12:24. Very smooth out of Canberra, I really enjoyed the Q400s climb (my first time).

Once at the top of the climb the cabin crew thew out the food which was a very ordinary sundried tomato and chesse loaf served with chilli jam. This was followed by out breif decent into Sydney landing over the ocean with plenty of turbulance. A short taxi to gate 17 and we disembarked with our flight to Cairns due to depart in a matter of minutes.

Canberra to Sydney

Date: 03/07/2009

Flight No: QF926

Reg: VH-VXP Name: Logan

Type: Boeing 737-800

Seat: 12F Seq: 116

Class: Economy

STD: 13:25 ATD: 14:00

STA: 16:35 ATA: 16:52

Gate: 9

Once again we were running late and were called for boarding at our departure time. (still behind by about 3 hours we were meant to be on QF922) Once on the a/c we waited for ages before been told that the had been a loading error and that we would be on the ground for a while still.

Once we pushed back dead on 14:00 a full 35 minutes behind we were on oour way with a quick taxi out to the runway and takeoff to the West. After a rather rough climb the IFE screens came out of the celing and a rather dodgy movie (which I chose to ignore) was shown. The Cabin crew served either a choice of fish or beef of which I chose the beef which was very nice.

After about 10 minutes with the cabin crew serving ther meals still the in-flight service was suspended for about 20min. due to turbulance. Once those trays were collected the crew then served a very hard ice cream.

Eventually we began our decent into Cairns and we were on the ground. The decent was rather nice and smooth as well as scenic fling in over the mountains as it brought the caotic delayed travel to an end.

Guest OzChris

Great Report Zac - I hate it when crew dont thaw the ice creams a bit...they are so hard served straight from the dry ice!

I love Ice Cream :]