Space Shuttle Endevour landing

john roe

Space Shuttle, Perth WA, we are 13 hrs ahead of USA time Florida, the shuttle can be viewed on Live Nasa TV now, at http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html this morning and landing will be at 1140 am Perth Time, 1440 EST Oz, de-orbit will be one hour prior to the landing time, this present orbit, not visable from Perth in daylight will cross over WA at North of Carnarvon to Esperance.it is the last full orbit.

at this time 0947, the de-orbit burn is less than 30 mins away, normally done over the Equator below India and the decent as descrobed will be over WA will take approx one hour, can also be tracked on Nasa TV in animation until the long range Nasa Cameras pick up the Shuttle at 60 Miles high with infraed, listen for the Twin Sonic booms of breaking the sound barrier over Florida minutes befor live landing..

The Capcom in Mission control has just given the Shuttle Comander the GO for the Shuttle De-orbit burn, Just a note of interest "Greg" the prior obit over Perth last night was visable for 3 mins at 1936. De-orbit has now commenced at 1014, those watching will be able to see the steering rockets fired.

Endevour has well and truelly started decent and short while ago passed over Esperance in WA, traveling at 27000 KPH, and now passing south of Tasmania, and just about to pass south of NZ, 23 mins to the crew experiencing the first tugs of the earths gravity for now landing at 1120 Perth Time. have your volumn up for listening to the Nasa commentry and the Shuttle breaking the sound barrier 2 times in 1/10 of a second.

All I can say to the Endevour landing is that it was at ext book landing at nearly 300 NM per hour, twice the speed of a commercial airliner, and sadly the Endevour will fly one more mission this year with Discovery before the entire remaining fleet of 3 shuttles will be taken out of service this end of 2010, thanks to president Bush who ordered them to be scrapped, a pity in my books, the Space Station now weights over 400 tonns in space and little more to be done with spare parts to go up there, sadly we witnessed 2 fatal accidents, i witnessed after seeing Columbus fly over Perth city to track it on live Nasa TV to wittness its final destiny of destruction in flight over San Francisco due to a peice of its wing leeding edge sheild missing to see it destroy in the earths crust at 60 miles high on live TV animation, such a tradegy for the crew who were never told by Mission Control who knew, that they would not come home, they could not be rescued ,, Columbus crew R.I.P. ......As I have a college at Nasa in Florida, I get to see and receive data and pics etc that many would noy legally, and have been deeply engrossed in the space exploration for may years watching many hundreds of live TV hours of the Shuttles and Space station, good luck tothe 6 person crew now up in the Internatiol Space Station, for those who wish to view its passes over your city, visit the Nasa Tracking site http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/ and the Nasa Shedule sightings times. (Select your City ) http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=Australia&region=Western_Australia&city=Perth

• 4 weeks later...

NEXT SHUTTLE LAUNCH....

Date: April 5 +

Mission: STS-131

Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Discovery

Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A

Launch Time: 6:21 a.m. EDT

Description: Space shuttle Discovery will carry a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module filled with science racks that will be transferred to laboratories of the International Space Station.

Launch 0621 Florida Time is now 12 hrs behind Perth and 15 for east Coast OZ, Perth launch time is 1821 WST + EST 2121. live on Nasa TV.