Natfly Refuelling

Guest Biggles1

Guest Biggles1

Can Premium Unleaded fuel be obtained at Parkes or Cowra airports for those short on range, or heavy on bods, on the way to Natfly?

Biggles1

Guest grantisaac

Land at FORBES and avoid the aerobatic championships in Parkes. Avgas available along with friendly people who support the RAA.

Guest Biggles1

To Paul N.

With a real a REAL aeroplane you don't have either of those problems.

PS (To others, don't react it is a private joke that gets up PN's nose)

Biggles1

There is normally AVGAS at NRM.

Yes its a few centa a litre dearer but the cost of diverting elsewhere eats that up pretty quick.

Those of you who have a real aeroplane should be able to get in and out without fuel anyway.................I can 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. Often put in fuel anyway, and support the locals!

J

I must admin that there's nothing quite like fuelling up at home, heading off to your fly-in and flying home again without refuelling. I used to dread the Gazelle days of 28 litres a side having to fill up seemingly every 5 minutes! Carrying 20 litres in the rear used to help a lot but it was still a pain having to get the funnel out at every stop and it limited the amount of luggage I could take. When you get to the point of going solo just to take fuel you need to rethink things.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Biggles1

"The best laid plans of mice mice and men" - Thanks for all your help aviators, didn't need the fuel after all. Got into a valley 20 miles north of Cooma and found it surrounded by Cumulo-concrete except for the opening to get home. Decided that this is an old and bold pilot, made a bold decision, and took that opening before it closed behind me. That's how I'm hear to tell the story. Hope to be at Natfly next year.