Better aircraft viewing area at YMML?

ben170292

Hi, I go to operations road to view aircraft is this the best area or are there better areas?

Just another question unrelated to the topic, can people tell me some jobs that are at the airport that don't require any experience or skills?

Guest OzChris

Hi Ben - I always tend to park along operations road for the best spotting view. There are a few other spots over the other side, I think on Sunbury Rd side...but not as good I dont think.

I think that there are plenty of jobs at the airport that dont require a lot of experience, such as, working at a food outlet, baggage handler/cleaner, etc...I think a lot of the jobs require good customer service skills since you would be dealing directly with customers. Good luck with your job search - it is awesome working at the airport!!

Guest Darren Masters

mate, try Menzies, Skycare, Aerocare etc. You may find something on those sites. Also, if you want to load food onto planes etc try ILS, Gate Gourmet...

Guest Darren Masters

Oh by the way, ILS is Inflight Logistic Services. Don't know who the contact for that is in MEL but they do all out cleaning/catering.

Thanks, illhave a look into them, just want to something in the airport haha, it looks like you are a flight attendant or something on planes, do ou happen to know if you still can't be over a certain height to become a flight attendant?

Guest Darren Masters
Thanks, illhave a look into them, just want to something in the airport haha, it looks like you are a flight attendant or something on planes, do ou happen to know if you still can't be over a certain height to become a flight attendant?

Yes, I am a cabin manager for Jetstar on the A320. I love flying for what they call a 'job' even though I don't see it as that. I just have lots of fun every day. Not too many restrictions now on height/weight etc

Guest OzChris
Sounds like a really good job, I never looked not it because I bought you couldn't be taller than 180cm or so..

Qantas have a height limit of 183 - I am 184 and was a QF Flightie for many years =) Best job in the world!!

Guest OzChris
G'day Chris. Long time no hear buddy. How have you been?

I know, its been ages since I have been able to come on-line for more than 5 minutes...lol

Im hoping that I will have a lot more time now...

Congrats on your progression through to CM!!

Hi Ben,

I work inside the wire at YMML, and agree with Darren, check out Aerocare, they do Tiger, and lost alot of ground staff with the shut down, so as Tiger cranks up more staff will be needed. Also Virgin was advertising for ground/pit crew in the local paper recently - 2 weeks ago, so look that way.

Guest Darren Masters
I know, its been ages since I have been able to come on-line for more than 5 minutes...lolIm hoping that I will have a lot more time now...

Congrats on your progression through to CM!!

Thanks Chris. Did not take long. Has its advantages however is the same position (L1) and same role daily on the aircraft. In saying that, every single day is different (as you know) and that's why I love it!

Hi Ben,

Back to the original topic. There is a parking area on Operations Road, towards the control tower and fire station, but the chainlink fence gets in the way. If rwy 34 is in use, pull off the road by the trees on the golf course. You will get planes landing without the fence in the way (if you are taking photos). This area is best for afternoon viewing.

For rwy 16 operations, go along Sunbury Road past the roundabout and pull into the lane beside the church. Another good afternoon spot. For aicraft taxying to the 16 holding point, you can shoot from near emergency gate A on Sunbury Road. I was along there tonight. They have installed new crash barriers, but you can still pull off the road out of the way.

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...