Virtual Aircraft Museum

willedoo

Found this very handy link for all aviation history buffs. Has a listing of aircraft by country of manufacture & photos. It's interesting also for the fact that it lists a lot of rarer prototypes that never made it to production, or limited production only. The UK section has over 900 aircraft listed, a bit of an eye opener. I never knew Martin-Baker had a go at building fighters during the war. On each page, clicking on the aircraft name opens up another page with a photo & brief description.

Cheers, Willie.

http://www.aviastar.org/index2.html

Here is another interesting link. It is a listing (incomplete, some photos, little text or detail) of aircraft designed in Australia, not overseas designs built in Australia unless greatly modified, but has links to further information on many of the types. Contains about 60 types.

http://dbdesignbureau.buckmasterfamily.id.au/aus_aircraft.htm

Regards,

Peter.

Here is another interesting link. It is a listing (incomplete, some photos, little text or detail) of aircraft designed in Australia, not overseas designs built in Australia unless greatly modified, but has links to further information on many of the types. Contains about 60 types.

Some good reading there, Peter. That's a lot of home-grown aircraft for a small nation like ours. I found that CAC Kangaroo interesting, it's easy to see a bit of P51 in it. Guess it just came along a bit too late to be a going concern, same as those Martin-Baker prototypes I mentioned earlier.

Cheers, Willie.