Contrails Taken From The Iss In Space

john roe

Guest Darren Masters

Brilliant :) The ISS is just about to go over here. Going to attempt to contact them by radio again (and that's no joke). They are passing at 60 deg elevation tonight so chances are good (that's if they are awake).

Guest David C

The ISS passes over here in 43 mins at an elevation of 87degs and passes from SE to NE . It's clear at the mo , so fingers crossed hey ... Do you remember Darren observing Iridium flames from your backyard that night ? ..

Dave C

Guest David C

Just had a brilliant view of the ISS as it passed almost overhead my location . It was my first time spotting it , and was so exciting to see . Thanks Darren in alerting me to it ..

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
The ISS passes over here in 43 mins at an elevation of 87degs and passes from SE to NE . It's clear at the mo , so fingers crossed hey ... Do you remember Darren observing Iridium flames from your backyard that night ? ..Dave C

The Iridium flares Dave? Yes, I do indeed. I still watch them :) Some things never change eh? ;) Anyway, I saw the ISS just after you did last night. Nice and bright.

This is a good starting point for those of you that may be interested:

http://www.heavens-above.com/

I once saw the ISS fly directly overhead when the Discovery was docked to it... just a fast moving bright light... tried to see it with the telescope, but it was too quick... So I can say Ive seen the ISS and Discovery while they have been in service :D