Joyrides To The Moon

willedoo

Isle of Man based company Excalibur Almaz is ready to sell tickets for 150 million dollars for a trip to the moon. A bit out of my price range, unfortunately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2161646/Excalibur-Almaz-prepares-tourist-trips-moon-500k-mile-round-trip-cost-100m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Cheers, Willie.

Guest David C

Beware ... I've been to the Isle of Man .. I know what those Manxmen are like .. They'll grab your money , fly you around a a while and land you in the desert , and con you in telling you it's the Moon .. Just like the Americans did in 1969 .. And let's be honest now .. If here was any money to be made , Richard Branson would be flying you there by now !

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
It's not a conspiracy. I've seen 'The Dish'.

I'm sure you'd get a better view of the chemtrails from up there ;)

Yeah, they switched to Parkes, but the first steps - that was ACT. :)http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/news_events/apollo11/tv_broadcasts.html

Mind you, it is a nice drive from Canberra to the dish (Top Gear boys would love it) but once there - not much to see. They don't run tours. :(

We called into Parkes earlier in the year: I was intrigued to learn that it's nothing more than the weight of the dish itself which keeps the whole schemozzle in place - hence they get a bit nervous when wind speeds rise: in such cases they position the dish in the horizontal. Could be a bit messy if it "came off the rails"!

Guest Darren Masters
Sounds like a jet* deal, cheap to get there and three times as much for the return ticket.

In that case, you're looking on the wrong days. Be flexible with the booking and you'll be surprised the price you'll get it for! That, and check the prices of the other carriers. Call the Star call centre and they will beat it by 10% ;)

• 2 months later...
Sounds like a jet* deal, cheap to get there and three times as much for the return ticket.

And how am i going to pay for the return? :)

That really was an intriguing one and so true about the AMs in 1969.

by the way, is there anyone out there with an apps on how to learn to fly a plane? whether with the use of a device as joystick or not.