Air Services Do Listen

Guest DWB

Earlier this year I rang Air Services questioning why an airfield was being displayed on Newcastle VNC at Merriwa, when it had quite clearly disappeared years ago.

The lady I spoke to said there was no record of it ever becoming non existent. I assured her it was not there where it was located although there was a private farm strip about 3 miles south east of the spot.

She took the details & looked up AOPA's Field Directory which indicated that it no longer existed.

The next day she rang me back thanking me for the information stating she wished there was more of it (feedback) from pilots so they could get it right. She advised that Merriwa would be removed from the June 2012 print run.

Removed it was.

I've heard of people complaining about irregularities on maps & wonder if in fact anyone has ever bothered to tell Air Services about them or just presume that "someone" would do it. Certainly worked for me.

I just rang Air Services number in Canberra 1800 026 147 & asked to speak to someone about having an airfield removed from maps due to its non existence & sorry, I can't remember her name now.

Let us know back here how you get on........

Bas out of interest I tried that e-correction card 12months earlier with no result. As with everything nothing beats talking to the person sometimes.