Power Of Ul Power Aero Engines ?

MYR

Hi all !

I am a owner of a UL260i motor (from the belgian UL POWER AERO ENGINE compagny )... which is yet to be started... I seriously doubt the output figures given by the company. Max output is supposed to be 95 - 97hp. It happens to be around 79 - 85hp after various investigations. Is it a widely spread engine in Australia ? Are there any owners in this forum, and if so, are you happy with it ?

Thanks.

Guest Darren Masters

As I mentioned in the forums previously, all owners in NZ that had them fitted to their Bantam aircraft were happy with the results. Max Clear tried to steer towards them as standard before he passed away. What are you flying with this engine as a matter of interest?

Rated power should only be in ISA conditions at sea level. Did those investigations that that into account? If you live 2000 feet up, do the test on a QNH 1000 day in 30 degree heat, you won't get 95 HP...

Not to mention that torque is way more important than HP when used in an aircraft. By the HP measure, all those experimental electric aircraft should not be able to get off the ground when in fact, they usually out perform their piston equivalents.

• 2 months later...

Some news :

http://hpics.li/b369f0f found there : http://corvus-hungary.com/en/sa_ultra_light_aircraft/i_news_2/i_ul_power_out_of_program_26/t_UL Power out of program/index.html

UL Power out of programDue to low performance, technical issues - lack of company support, communication UL Power lost the chance to work with Corvus

After long testings and discussions Corvus has made a decision to revise engine selection for the Fusion.

In the future the Fusion will be available only with Rotax 912ULS and 912 S engines. Also we will do tests with Rotax iS and Lycoming, Continental engines for our LSA category planes, however this will be only after winter 2012.

Corvus finished cooperation with UL Power officially and we do not offer those engines.

UL Power, the belgian engine manufacturer did not took our goals seriously and provided zero support for the development. The engine's performance and lack of communication and also the faith in UL Power engines sink to a minimum level.

A couple of problems, technical issues, lack of good props, lack of the option for hydraulic constant speed prop makes the UL Power less interesting than any other engine.

I notice :

"low performance"

"technical issues"

If this is not true, we'll certainly have some explanations from the belgian firm UL POWER AERO ENGINE.