Visions Of Narromine

mnewbery

Hello all TAA friends,

On a whim I decided to visit Narromine on my way north to a new gig. I didn't really have a plan, blanket, somewhere to sleep or anything really. Between 4pm and dark I managed to:

• See and hear great aerobatics (mmm radial engines)

• Heckle the airshow announcers

• Eat a pizza

• Take pity on Bas because he got cornered by someone who wanted to bend his ear in the RA Aus Pavillion thingy

• Find Kaye and Geoffrey

• Buy a sleeping bag

• Get given a pillow (still didn't use it); and

• Get given somewhere to sleep that had a heater in it

After dark we ate then tallked rubbish with the airshow announcers (Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron plus a bunch of fellow travellers who supported them and their work), managed to steal some wine glasses from the bar and go to bed before it got too cold ... or maybe just after. I was more rugged up than most.

So Kaye and Geoffrey saved the day yet again. Now some photies:

1. Real frost on the motorcycle seat. No denying it was cold that night and the night before

[ATTACH=full]1344[/ATTACH]

2. Ballonatics making roaring noises at 7am in a vain attempt to get team PCDU and TAA members out of bed. McHerron was already beetling over to the sound desk for some early morning cramming on the acts he was about to announce. Didn't stop him from mentioning that he towed one of the balloons from Sydney and why wasn't he on it instead of finishing his homework? Aww pretty. Who doesn't like balloon flights in the morning? The balloons hit about 1000' AGL and zoomed off over the horizon. Dead calm on the ground still.

[ATTACH=full]1345[/ATTACH]

3. Warbirds up against the fence on the flight line on Saturday morning. 'Nuff said

[ATTACH=full]1346[/ATTACH]

4. Motorcycle helmet after riding the last 78 kms from Milmerran to Toowoomba just on dark

[ATTACH=full]1347[/ATTACH]

Well that's it. I'm stinky and tired. The bike looks just like the helmet too.

Next year, Narromine is going to be bigger again I think although this looked pretty good.

I am planning to go next year already. Just not by bike.

[ATTACH]18262[/ATTACH]

IMAGE_00058.jpg.cde7adc9e3c710be1d506939d5947a92.jpg

Guest aviatrix27

We loved that we were able to give you a few square feet of tent floor! It's a pity you weren't able to hang around and meet Darren Masters. Another terrific day today :) although I think I'm a little sunburned..... naughty me

Hey Kaye and Mattew.......was thinking of you all at Narromine as I was slogging away at work :p.......it looks like a great event......Gee I wished I was there enjoying all the fun with those "Big Hairy" planes......to all flying home....blues skyes and tailwinds.....you lucky buggers........Cheers Alley

Guest Darren Masters

Good weekend and lots of fun with the kids :confused: (just ask Kaye). At the end of the day though, it was time with them and that was great. I'm back in Sydney now (sunburn and all) after what was a very long weekend (but lots of fun) with my family and children. Head back to Auckland tomorrow and back to reality after 2 weeks leave so I will post some pics of the event tomorrow afternoon when I'm back there and sort through the rubbish from the good stuff. On that note, I thought it has come a hell of a long way from the old NATFLY days.