Ppl Traing Videos

chris1965

So I'm looking at starting my PPL training later next year. I think some pre study is a great idea so I'm grabbing myself some Bob Tait books. My question is, are there any Australian flight training videos available? The US seems to be spoilt with many choices such as the King Schools videos and such, however regulations are different in Australia so most of these are of no use. Where are the video training courses for us aussies?

Chris

...yet to be made in my opinion. The market is tiny, tiny tiny. Now, as far as the King Schools videos go, much of it can be classed under "flying is flying". You still sit in the left seat and flare when the ground is near your wheels.

The big difference is going to be the theory exams, which will be helped by Tait and others. I asked Aviation theory centre when or if they would be producing eBooks. http://aviationtheory.net.au

The reply I got was "it's coming".

The US equivalent is ASA and their entire syllabi are electronic. In Australia we still have heavy paper books and classrooms.

CASA have cyber exams. Even those rely on paper exam materials such as synoptic charts, notams and maps.