Just Landed

Southeast

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

A little about me - Have been flying for about 10 years mostly in C150's and C172's at Warnervale YWVA. Have got my GFPT with only 3 navs to go. Time and money have made it difficult to fly more often but I am not in a hurry. Looking forward to posting on the site and hopefully getting up in a Jabiru one day.

Guest Flygirltake2

Welcome Greg!

I originally learned to fly in the Cessna 150 and 152 but after a 20 year gap have converted to an Alpha. I originally started again with the warrior but found it a cumbersome aircraft to handle with my size. I am hoping to get my PPL sometime soon and just await the confidence by both my instructor and myslef before I try to do so

Kaz

Thanks Sain and Kaz.

Kaz, I flew an Archer on one of my navs and did enjoy it but found the C172 a bit better. I guess its just what you get used to. Good luck with your PPL. Have you done all the Theory and passed the PPL test yet? I did all my theory first, passed the PPL test and then found I could concentrate on the flying. It was a little easier for me to do it that way.

Guest Flygirltake2

Hi Greg

I'm a little unusual as I already have a ppl that I am converting. I've passed the relative exams and have the hours, (20 years ago) medical and ASIC clearance I just need to convince an instructor I'm capable so I am just getting up to speed currently.

I do like the Cessna's but my height prohibits me from doing all the external checks in anything bigger than a 152 (eg oil/fuel checks)

Kaz