electrical system --Help---

Guest Teenie2

Guest Teenie2

No luck,It had vacuum but no pulsing that i could detect.I tested the pressure at the priming port,maybe a pulse might be detected nearer the cylinder head but I'm not drilling a hole to find out.

Ill just aim at getting the tank to pressurize using a forward facing funnel shaped ....thing (tube)

Fantastic idea Wannabigaplane

But the squeeze bulb would have to be placed in a central position of the seat and

Anti-Perpendicular to the cheeks of the buttocks:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Knighty

Guest disperse
If you placed the fuel squeeze bulb on the seat, it would automatically get squeezed every time the engine coughed! Jack. :):)

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Teenie, I read your original post again and if it seems your setup without fuel pumps etc. is satisfactory from a fuel flow situation (supplies 150% of engine requirements through the float valve with airframe tilted in max climb attitude) and your only worried about vapour lock, perhaps a check of the routing of the fuel system and components would help.

I was told by an AACA build inspector once that fuel should flow down to the lowest part of the system, where the gascolator and/ or lowest drain is located, thenceforth the fuel must only flow upwards to the carburettor. He commented on this because my C150 at the time had a fuel hose running up from the gascolator , over an engine mount and down to the carb. Apparently this setup would have not been allowed on a homebuilt plane. This does seem to make sense to me, in that if vapour or air gets in the hoop of fuel line the head of pressure is effectively less to the carb.

The Cessna used to falter on the first flight after maintenance, where they had cleaned the gascolator for me, and I learnt to cope with this by shaking the thing up a bit in flight. Later on I trained them to leave the gascolator alone, it was a glass one so if it aint dirty dont fix it.

In dealing to and with microlights I've also tried to avoid excessive use fuel filters (like a chain only as good as the weakest link) and those rubber squeeze pumps, some of them have had the check valve or bits of rubber come adrift inside and block the outlet.

Ralph

• 4 months later...
Guest The Bushman

In the early Gyro days we used a Craig Davies 12 volt Fan Motor driven by the engine at cruise and by making differant size pulleys to get the correct Rpm to give you 13.5 volts to a small Battery spin the motor by a drill till you get trhe correct volts that will give you the RPM require make pullys to suit run through a diode to get one way voltage

The Bushman:thumb_up: