Narromine accident

Guest airsick

Guest brentc

Jabs are an easy aircraft to fix, it just takes a bit of time and effort but not necessarily cost if you're handy. (Fibreglass is cheap) I once saw one that was literally snapped in half put back together. I also saw one that hit the ground so hard that the pilot and passenger literally stepped out the front windscreen after it smashed onto the ground in a very hard landing and that was repaired back to new.

Guest brentc

That's the one Geoff. I didn't want to go into too many details about the specific aircraft, but that's the one. It hit the gound very hard indeed as you can see. I believe it was a botched go-around / stall / flaps dropped scenario.

What ever the cause of the incident at Narromine, I have no doubts that when things went pear shaped that the pilot used all of his ability and sound flying skills to turn this potentially fatal incident into another landing that he walked away from. All I can say is, well done!

I was dissapointed to hear a few remarks (from outside of these forumsthumb_down) that Middo should not have been learning to fly a tailwheel Jabiru in those conditions. This was not an accident related to pilot experience on type ...... it was due to unpredicted weather circumstances that can catch the best of us and was aptly demonstrated recently by the crew of an Airbus in Germany. I wonder how those other pilots would have faired in the same circumstances????

The fact that the prop was stopped is neither here or there and could have been caused by fuel starvation due to the violent manouvering. The fact that the crew walked away was due to the pilots skill.

I think that Clemair put it nicely, well done!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Cheers,

Bilby

Bilby

was due to unpredicted weather circumstances that can catch the best of us and was aptly demonstrated recently by the crew of an Airbus in Germany.

There was nothing unpredicted in Germany. The winds were known and well above the A320 limits. To make matters worse the stupid Captain was almost forcing a very new and inexperienced F/O to attempt a landing that she and most others would have no chance of completing successfully. It was extremely foolish of him to put her and the passengers in that situation. I hope she gets support in furthering her career and he gets his license taken off him. She shoudl have called a GA long before anyway.

As for Middo, I would like Tech Man to convince him to write an article, straight facts so we can all learn from it, and it might put all the speculation to bed. Maybe Tech Man could post it for him if he does not subscribe here already under some less than obvious name.

I hope he has it back in the shed at his Bunny Farm and working on it as we speak!

J

Guest airsick

If Middo was learning then I would put the onus back onto his instructor. I recall the conditions from the day and they weren't great. Sure, they were safe for experienced pilots but to put a student into gusty conditions like that isn't that responsible. Coupling a busy circuit with traffic joining and leaving on a frequent basis with gusty conditions doesn't make for an ideal learning environment.