Mudgee's Wings, Wheels & Wine '08'

Guest bateo

Guest bateo

G'day Guys,

Just wondering on who will be attending Mudgee's (YMDG) Wings, Wheels and Wine '08' this year?

The event is on the 26th of April and takes off at 10am, with fly-in static displays due by 9am. This year the event is even bigger, with all modern, vintage, high performance aircraft and motor vehicles on display not to mention many of the well-known Mudgee regions Wines on offer for tasting.

The event includes General Aviation displays, Recreational A/C displays, RAAF, Remote controlled jet engine aircraft (Must See), Pitts Special, Extra 300S and Zero replica handling displays, aswell as a 'Belle (Huey) UH1 helicopter performing to drop a motor vehicle from a high altitude.

Also the annual popular event of high performance cars from the Wheels motoring magazine will be 'showing off' their expensive tyres including mercedes, lamborginies etc and will be racing down the airstrip against other aircraft...

Other vehicles will include all vintage era aswell as 4x4 vehicles on display with their 'customised four wheel drive track/course'.

Plus many more rare displays and stalls on the tarmac!!! * Whole program is on website.

There is something for everyone, NOT JUST AN AIRSHOW!

If there are any pilots who would like to put their 'wings' on display please be at YMDG by 9am as traffic congestion will occur after 10am.

Please note: Wine tasting + flying home = Stay in Mudgee for the long weekend

For those who missed out last year and want a quick taste for this year, click link for some drag races that took place last year, just if you have some spare time on your hands... or type Mudgee Airshow at youtube.com

Guest Fred Bear

Ross if you are going with the Cheetah...

Otherwise, Emma and I will hit the road Jack, or something like that.

I would love to go. I had a great time last year with my step-daughter.

Alas, I'm committed to going to Benalla that day. Taking my dad for his first trip with me, and we're going to meet up with his brother and take him up too. He rekindled my passion for flying with a flight in his trike (Old Man Emu) in '06. Looking forward to it.

Otherwise Darren ... Flynn-like ingress.

Guest Fred Bear
I would love to go. I had a great time last year with my step-daughter.Alas, I'm committed to going to Benalla that day. Taking my dad for his first trip with me, and we're going to meet up with his brother and take him up too. He rekindled my passion for flying with a flight in his trike (Old Man Emu) in '06. Looking forward to it.

Otherwise Darren ... Flynn-like ingress.

Aah, Slarti, the pain of rejection 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Never mind, have a safe trip there and enjoy. I think we may do it by road. Looks like a good weekend. Maybe we can leave the tin lids at home with Grandad. Now there's a plan...

Guest bateo

There is still plenty to do in Mudgee excluding the show... E.g Many many many wineries to choose from :thumb_up: