Where to train (Wollongong, NSW)

Guest cziloft

Guest cziloft

Hi,

I am wanting to learn to fly and have been looking around different flying schools but am unsure where to go. I live in Wollongong which is 90km south of Sydney.

I have a choice of 3 airstrips - Camden, The Oaks or Albion Park. I haven't been able to find any schools in Albion Park, if anyone has a link that would be great.

Out of all the different flying schools of those airports, I was wondering a) which is the cheapest b) which is the best (price to quality) c) who do you recommend d) Whats a good plane to learn in?

I know very little about aviation except for the brief research I have been doing lately, so feel free to treat me as the newbie I am :)

Guest smenkhare

someone should really open a school at albion park. Seem like a perfect airfield for it and much more convenient for me as well.

3-axis training at wollongong

Dave from Dave's Flying School at the oaks was planning to run a satelite training facity from wollongong airport. Bruce Robbins who is also a forum member (with the same name) will be instructing from there. you might be able to get in touch with him. Dave's rates are quite reasonable as well along with good instruction and really down to earth attitudes.

Guest David C

Daves Flying School at Wollongong Airport is up and running . Bruce Robbins is instructing and as of yesterday was using Jabiru LSA55 3190.. I endorse all of drifter_drivers comments .

Dave C