Byrock

stevron

I took my mooney m20F for a short but enjoyable excursion. Starting in Holbrook for ByRock . On arrival at Byrock I found it was covered in a layer of thick smoke and difficult to see . To my surprise the airstrip was freshly graded making for a smooth and comfortable landing. After securing the air craft I walked to the pub. The pubs accommodation was fully booked by road gangs who are repairing the roads.

I had some lunch and a talk to one and all , then returned to the aircraft and proceeded on to Coonamble for a fantastic feed and a great over nights stay not mention a 5 $ taxi ride in the community cab from the air port to town,How great is that. Went into town for breakfast next morning and a visiting fireman  offered me a lift to the airport. I then flew over to Narromine for a nights stay. I walked into town for lunch and felt much better when I returned to the airport as I am not much of a walker. That evening I conversed with the good people from the aero club and stayed for a meal and a few drinks.

Next morning I flew back to Holbrook. Short and uneventful but enjoyable trip . Stevron

Edited by stevron
  • Like 7