Potential Rotary powered Sierra ...

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

Well this is where I'm at, at the moment. and hopfully I'll have some funds to get started in the near future.. so I would like your Ideas that I've come up with.

THE KIT duel control and wing tanks as well as onboard

120hp twin rotar with deul plugs and EFI

Odyssey glass panel ...... (What else is needed here?)

Electric infligh adjustable..(CS) brand yet to be decided

And last but not least a BUGGER ME handle

theres is a problem with the bugger me handle as I don't want to take up the inflight storage are behind the head rest..

So another option would be to reduce the internal tank. So the chute could be mounted in th forward luggage area... But what would be needed between the fuel tank and the rocket???

Love to hear your opinions and ideas please

And how much for all this luxury you say $70,000 +$5,000 for the stuff that comes up

Guest Flyer40

I like it. We're on a similar wavelength.

Garry suggested the BRS should be attached to the steel part of the spar frame. I've been going over my collection of photo's of cheetahs in various stages of construction trying to work out how to route the parachute straps from either a front or rear mounting location. Got nothing so far. He also suggested you need to create a sacrificial area under the rocket motor for the exhaust. Kind of makes the front mount sound implausible. No point deploying a canopy only to descend in flames. I'd like to hear your ideas.

I like the enigma, but since Dynon recently announced their autopilot I'm swaying in that direction. I intend to go places and I'm looking for a poor mans answer to the G1000/GFC700 combo.

Did you find the shoulder straps a problem on the demo? I've got some idea's about modifying the area behind the seats to provide a better location for the shoulder straps and also better rollover protection.

I'd be very grateful to you if you pioneer the engineering work to slip a rotary under the hood.

I'm excited for you Troy.

What about the gearbox, PSRU?

It doesn't look like a rotary on the back of the prop in the photo.

Should go well when sorted out.

Guest disperse
What about the gearbox, PSRU?It doesn't look like a rotary on the back of the prop in the photo.

Should go well when sorted out.

The engine comes with a PSRU. and no not a rotary, I was trying to find inflight adjustables for the Jab eng. There are some out there, but there seems to be a lot of concern about boxer harmonics.....

Guest disperse

Where to put the BRS ?

I think that the front position ie: just behind the firewall. Would be a great spot except for the fuel tank.

It would allow easy attachment to the spar frame and to the firewall. the luggage area below could be secioned off and a exhaust tube put in to vent the rocket exhaust out through the bottem of the fuse. You also get to keep your inflight storage area behind the head rests for the lunch box.

I've been thinking alot about the fuel tank. For fitment of the BRS you would have to reduce the size. which isn't a major problem with the use of wing tanks. But I don't think that you can do away with the fuse tank altogether ? So it leaves you with the hazard of fireing a solid fueled rocket just inch's from the fuel tank. I don't know what kind of shielding it would need, or the weight of it ????:hittinghead:

The idea for the forward mounting point came from Mick's Dova Skylark. Which I would like to take closer look at. When I get a chance.

Guest Flyer40

I was uneasy about the location of the fiberglass fuel tank, so I had been thinking about fabricating an alloy foam filled tank to improve crash worthiness. It may not need shielding from the BRS if it was alloy, need expert advice on that. The residual risk would be the fuel line, but that could be done in braided ss, maybe also a second firewall below the tank to protect your feet.

I have no knowledge of ballistic chutes, but I would have thought that they would have to be fairly near the C of G, so that the plane would descend fairly near to level when activated.

Would that be correct?

Don't attach it to the aircraft at all, just attach it to the belt on your pants. Don't forget to unclip your seat belt before you fire it.

David:help: