Just Landed

Guest Mad Dave

Guest Mad Dave

Hi All,

I recently registered on the site, but have only just got around to posting a "just landed" message. I am currently training at Lilydale in a J160, and have just (Monday this week) passed my flight test and BAK test, so now apparently the learning really starts!! I had an introduction to nav this morning, and my head is still spinning a little bit.

I have had a bit of a look through some of the forums and can see that they may be a good source of entertainment, and possibly even a little information as well!!

Look foward to interating with you all soon.....

Dave

Welcome Dave. I used to live in the Dandenongs, so Lilydale is a good place to fly in and out of. I also fly a J160 and it took me a while to keep her on heading, at the right altitude, and check out my map during the navs. One of the secrets of good navs is to plan thoroughly before you get into the aircraft. I used to go through my nav processes while sitting at the kitchen table. There's so much to remember at first - but the more you do the paperwork, the more it becomes routine. Good luck.

Cazza

Guest Mad Dave

Hi and thanks Geoff and Cazza,

I have been going over and over the first nav Flight I have planned for next week, and also mucking around with the maps doing a few "dummy" nav flights. I am really looking foward to this first one!!

Cheers,

Dave