You gotta love this

been driving for a transport company for 7 years. i leave in search of better pay to support my family. i find it, apply for it and get it, with my qualifications including MSIC card (maritime security) and a list of people who reffered for me and experience.

2 weeks pass working for the company (nightshift) everything running smoothly. on the thursday morning they say no work tonight, but you have to come in the morning for a meeting (transport industry not uncommon for this) we arrive for it and are told the company can no longer sustain the current market and will for close on 30 june. :( . no more job for me, new house, new car,(was nearly a new aeroplane) 16 month old boy and just gone solo. go back to old employer and my position is already filled.

i can see the planes getting a back seat untill i find another job and recover, and if i stuff up any payments i can see the plane slipping away for an even longer time.....

in my industry for the last 2 months and the next 3 will be slow (end of financial year) and nobody is hiring...

does anyone have a good caravan i can have to live in 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

i am realy upset and just had to vent..... anyway life goes on... 110_closed.gif.a392821970f4971bbab8b2a27aea78f5.gif

Guest Macnoz

Gee that’s tuff stuff Ferret.

I suppose a case of us all needing to check the ground on which the grass appears to be greener. Might be a lot of fertilizer on it (you know what the most common organic fertilizer is) but not a lot of substance.

On the positive side you have learned successfully how to market yourself and should be better prepared for your next recruitment phase than you would have been had a similar problem occurred at your “old” employer.

Good luck in getting going again

john

mining

yep have thought about it but not sure how to go about it. i would have to leave here, go to the top end, drive a truck 24/7...... not sure...

do you have any advice for me in regards to mining ?

For Victoria work... http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.ascx?DateRange=31&catlocation=1003&stateselected=true&searchfrom=quick&catindustry=1226

For mining work you will probably need a Haulpac conversion course. Best to contact contracting and labour hire companies to give you a start. Bigger companies like http://www.bgccontracting.com.au/ may hire and train you up themselves.

I do know people who work here in WA, FIFO(Fly In /Fly Out) and travel home to the eastern states on break.

www.seek.com.au and the http://www.yellowpages.com.au/provides plenty of information on who's where and doing what. The internet and search engines are a wonderous thing.

Even if a job advertised is not the position you are looking for, It could still be a wealth of information with company names and locations that can be further researched.

Get your resume looking professional and get it out there !

Best of luck

RJM

Guest dracer

na dude, if your in ballarat, call "roadcon", they deal in development and road construction, there based out of ballarat, labour to truck driver prolly 20 odd buks...

you would be foolish not to contact ur local agencies as well, cut straight to the point over the phone tell them u need work.

next call earthforce 98508000(they do industry and earthmoving) talk **** for 5 minutes and say your desperate and they will hook u up pretty much over night either in west subs of melb or across your way.