J200 strut bolt cover

jetjr

Hi guys, I have a J200B, they have bonded wheel strut fairings and a small cover piece underneath covering the main strut bolts, Anyway my RHS one has gone. 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Jabiru can no longer supply these - helpfully suggested I buy 2 of the new type which would mean refinishing and painting the whole underside of the fuse

Anyone know where theres a spare or can lend me one I can copy?

JR

Guest brentc

Are you missing the small cover underneath or the whole fairing for the undercarriage? I have a spare cover for underneath, however it's a left one so I'd best be keeping it from what you are saying. They changed these a while back but that's pretty poor if they can't supply them any more.

Small cover

Brent hi,

Yeah just lost the small cover. RHS

I think its pretty weak Jab cant supply parts to and AC less than 5 years old

I heard they got rid of alot of molds.

JR

Guest brentc

Coincidenally I lost both of mine on the one trip. They are somewhere over South Australia between Leigh Creek and Goolwa.

I lost one of these when my J230 was only just over a year old and the only option from Jabiru was to buy a complete set of the new fairings. Not only circa $250, but also involved drilling a new set of holes in the Fuse. Incidently, the same applied to the front spat which developed a crack; I had to buy a complete front and back section replacement as mine was an obsolete design! Pretty sad these things are not available so soon after production.

For the missing cover, I just made a replica of the remaining panel (vacuum bagging worked well). While it was opposite handed, once I had re drilled it to match the missing pattern it fitted well. The panel fit of all these covers is pretty poor anyway with much rippling between the screws so my replica blends in well. I think Brentc suggested previously extra screws and white race tape are added security for these items - have not lost any since.

Talking of Jabiru Spares, I must contact them as all my external labels have gone. Do not know about other Jabs but mine were only paper! This also seems a poor option on what was a $120K+ purchase. As I currently do not have this labelling, no doubt I am outside LSA regs!

Alan

Theres another hangered here with the same problem - they use label machine for them, seems they skimped and used the paper version not the plastic coated

You can buy a small BROTHER machine and the proper tape for under $100

JR

• 2 weeks later...