Rotax 582 Replacing Rotary Valve Hoses Advice/Tips

Turbo_Boss

Hello Guys,

I need to replace the Rotary Valve hoses that goes to the small tank reservoir. One of them has a crack and eaven that is no leaking, I want to replace both.

One RV hose run on the back of the magnetos plate and I have to remove that plate/bracket in order to have access to the clamp were is atached.

That plate/bracket is attached to the engine by four screws............ Two of does upper screws also hold the water outlet socket in his place so I will be carefull when removing does 2 screws.

So here are the questions:

Do the 2 remaining lower plate/bracket screws hold something else that the Magnetos plate? Or I just go ahead and remove them.

Any advise on doing this work? Do I need to remove something else to have access to that clamp/hose?

BTW, this Rotax 582 is a grey head, is top mounted on a Quicksilver UL and the spark plugs are facing up.

Thx for your time and help,

Isaac

Guest rocketman

Hey Turbo,Be careful with the 4 bolts that attach the timing plate. 2 are longer than the others. Put them back in the wrong place and you can break the lugs on the casing. If you have already removed them, use a depth gauge to work out which bolt goes where. How's the flying in Panama?Neale.

Hey Turbo,Be careful with the 4 bolts that attach the timing plate. 2 are longer than the others. Put them back in the wrong place and you can break the lugs on the casing. If you have already removed them, use a depth gauge to work out which bolt goes where. How's the flying in Panama?Neale.

Hello Neale,

I am talking about this plate. The two upper bolts are diferent that the ones on the bottom.

Isaac

1901331087_RotaxMagnetoPlate.jpg.1132ee33708ab9a642fb4a0da8f04f08.jpg