GA Gatecrasher

Guest tezza

Guest tezza

well I would like to convert to RAA if there were some speedy aircraft down my way ( Geelong ) to hire. Whilst I like Lethbridge and have flown in for the Saturday lunch a few times, it is a little far to travel for a regular aviation fix, so I will keep flying the Cessnas out of YBRS for the time being. They have a Gazelle but it just doesnt meet my need for speed! Anyway hope I can contribute to the group.

terry

Guest Decca

Hi Terry, and a big welcome from me too! Must admit the lunch at Lethbridge on Saturday is a great social occasion (haven't been for a while) but as I'm a student RAAus pilot on a Gazelle I have to agree with Frank; "what's the hurry?". Enjoy the scenery on a cost effective airplane, you can always go faster once you've got you certificate!

Regards, Decca.

Guest tezza

thanks for the welcome guys. I already have a certificate if a PPL counts. I want to be able to do some serious cross country flying and would love to be able to hire something like a Jab230 or a CT. The Gazelle is fun for local stuff ( I've been up with friends in both the Gazelle and the Jab230). 120kts is my goal. ( 2 nm/ min - makes the sums easier !)

cheers

terry

Guest tezza
I'm a student RAAus pilot on a Gazelle I have to agree with Frank; "what's the hurry?". Enjoy the scenery on a cost effective airplane, you can always go faster once you've got you certificate!Regards, Decca.

Decca, when I look at cost effectiveness $ per mile is what I look at. On that basis the Gazelle doesnt stack up well.

Mate 1 pays $100 hr for a Gazelle 70 kts cruise ($500 takes you 350nm)

Mate 2 pays $125 hr for Jab 230 120 kts cruise.($500 takes you 480nm)

But the Gazelle is great for a local joy flight, I especially like the view though down through the clear doors.

Value for $.

Tezza,

You`ve done the sums and based on that, you`re right.

Over the years I`ve been asked many times, "What aircraft should I choose", and my answer has always been the same, and it is.

Decide exactly what it is your require from your aircraft then find one that meets the requirements.

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif