Gongrat's tlc141

I'd like to say congratulations to tlc141 for going solo earlier this week.. He's a long time reader but never posted ( i think he's shy) so perhaps we can draw him out of the shadows..hehe..

He's been training with us for a few months, a great bloke with an exellent flying attitude, and shaping up to be a good pilot..

So congrats again mate, your on your way..(can't wait to get into some of that bannana cake)..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi Merv,

Thanks mate for the kind remarks. Its been quite a ride for the last few months, trepidation, exhilaration, frustration and at last a glimmer of proficiency as the hours build under the watchful eyes of the folks at Camden.

I look forward to soaking up as much of the skill and airmanship on offer on a daily basis from folks whose life is flying, safely.

The high points so far- a couple of spot on landings, the view just after dawn at Camden, seeing YWOL appear right where it should be and of course the (somewhat imperfect) circuit solo.

Low points so far- forgetting everything after a 10 day gastro break, talking about a

chopper in less than glowing terms which was being a nuisance in the circuit while my thumb was on the transmit button (doh), erratic radio skills, scraping ice off the Jab.

There is a common thread binding together everyone i've met so far, the passion for aviation. Thanks for the great intro, I hope in time I can contribute in some way the culture of learning,safety and above all recreational aviation.

tlc141