Ex Drifter Pilot for Reno air race

Guest Cloudsuck

Guest Cloudsuck

A mate of mine and Ex Aussie Drifter Pilot Johnny Kokshoorn is heading to Reno to race in the F1 in September in his new Cassutt 'Outrageous'. Johnny has purchased the plane and has been doing the pylon course in the US. He qualified for the race with the best rookie time for the class.

Johnny and his wife Tina fly a Yak-52 and Boeing Stearman here in Australia and are long time regulars at the Inglewood fly-in every year. Keep an eye on his progress, I think that we will see big things from him in the coming years. It is great to have an Aussie flying the flag in Reno.

Johnny tells me that he is doing 250kts and pulling sustained 4G in the turns at between 50ft and 200ft AGL while racing against eight other aircraft at the same time. What a rush!

627988186_PRS08outrageous.thumb.jpg.3afe996aab269bda5e4f7dcb9159b2d4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny tells me that he is doing 250kts and pulling sustained 4G in the turns at between 50ft and 200ft AGL while racing against eight other aircraft at the same time. What a rush!

Thats real adrenalin pumping stuff, not for the faint-hearted.I for one, wish him well, and hope reports of the event reach Oz Rgds Alan

Has anyone got a copy of the newly released "Thunder over Reno" DVD yet.

i grabbed one at the Reno Air Race stand . storyline goes ... frustrated young crop duster gets chance to go to race school, stuffs up, makes good and wins the girl.

great flying scenes that there aren't enough of, bad acting and directing of which there is too much of. This maybe the first movie that the two stars and the director have done that hasn't been given an "Explicit R" rating.

Of course the real star of the movie is 'Race Number 57'.

www.thunderoverreno.com

Guest Cloudsuck

G'day Ozzie

Is that the one about "Nemesis"? I pre-ordered a copy and was hoping it was going to be a good movie. Never mind.

I got the Super Cub movie 'Cubdriver Alaska' yesterday. It is ok but a bit of a home movie as far as production goes. There is some good flying but after 2 1/2 hours of watching landings on a river bar, it gets a bit boring. I guess once you have seen 'One Six Right' everything else is crap.