Bang goes the Jab motor

Flyer

Guest Maj Millard

That's what I was thinking Turbo, If a chunk of ice was ingested, and ended up in one cylinder even if it was shortly reduced to water or steam, it would still have the effect of upping the compression ratio bigtime, at least on that one cylinder.

One alternative would be if some part of the carb was iced up and suddenly cleared, I would imaging there would be a quantity of built up pressurized fuel behind it which would then suddenly be released to enter the engine, (way more that normal, especially if the boost pump had been on) . This would certainly be capable of producing a sudden bang as the excess fuel entered the engine...............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I would suggest that a piece if dislodged ice could easily end up holding an inlet valve part-open and allow ignition of the fuel mix in the inlet tract. This is similar to when an engine on gas will do the same. ( But for a different reason). This can severely damage an engine by forcing extra fuel mix into another cylinder that has an inlet valve open. This can split blocks and/ or shorten connecting rods. eg the all gas Falcon 6's have stronger con rods fitted. Nev