Airport protesters

Does anyone know when Essendon airport was built and what if any houses were around it at the time, I have just seen the biggest load of dribble on the news about protesters complaining about aircraft flying over or near their houses. WHERE DO THESE MORONS THINK THAT THESE AIRCRAFT ARE GOING TO LAND AND TAKE OFF? I am sure that there were no houses apart from maybe a farm house near the airport when it was built. If they don't like it they should not have moved near the airport or bought an existing house there, instead of closing another airport, maybe the government should compulsory aquire these houses within a 3 nm radius and then these people will feel safe in their houses away from an airport. Some people are just a waste of oxygen!

Agree totally with your sentiments Brilin_air, Essendon airport ( known then as St Johns) was built in 1919 and became Essendon airport in 1923. No doubt there would have been few houses in the vicinity back then.

http://www.enet.org.au/historyonline/airport/airport.html

ps what are you flying out of Bacchus? are you going commercial? I did all my training to PPL there, good outfit but was getting a bit far to travel from Geelong.

Tezza

doh, sorry brillin

missed your sig, I didnt know there were any RAA aircraft flying out of Bacchus. I assume you are at the Bacchus airport or private strip?

Tezza

A simple solution..................

Ask these protestors for those who were living there before the airport was established to raise their hands...........

Then tell everyone who has not raised their hands to go away and stop whinging!!!!!!!!088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif

It is funny that these people are now complaining about an Airfield that was there first.

These people deliberately buy near Airfield because it is cheap then once there they attempt to remove the Airfield for self gain.

I have a simple solution to their issues and it is

"If you don't like it LEAVE !" plan and simple.

It is not like the Airfield sneaked up and went SURPIZE !

these people need to realize they are not fooling the educated people with their crocodile tears and sob stories.

Fact is a Fact the Airfield was there first

Guest High Plains Drifter
sadly its the councils and government that allow residential lots to be sold next to airports in the fist place!

Yep, obviously it was deemed safe by the Gov/Council to have houses near the airport - now its not safe ???