ps engineering intercom

Guest fly

Hi & greetings to all

I have arrived at that place in time with my aircraft rebuild, a Thruster twin seater, where I need to fit an intercom , vhf radio with all the realated parts, PTT button, earphones etc.

I have in my possession a PS Engineering PM1000 11 intercom, along with the 24 pin plug attached at the rear of the unit and about 6inches of the wire bundle where it has been cut from the previous installation. It is stamped as a 4 channel, {serial# B1169ND} but I guess That I need only to use two for my aircraft

I had intended to go with a icom A24 , but have to admit that I am far from being very clever with avionics.

I have looked up the PSE web site for a wiring diagram, all a bit daunting to sort through it

I would ask of someone who knows, Is the PSE and ICOM compatable

I have thought about a portable straight plug in intercom maybe sigtronics or flightcom but thought I;d run this past some more knowledgeable people than I, for their opinion.

Finally if fitting is a possibility, could anyone in the know help with a diagram and type of jacks etc for phones, vhf, ptt, and anything else I should know, aerial ??

What else can I say, but I will appreciate any help I receive very much... Thank you

..FLY

Well, i'm not an expert but the wiring diagram in the installation manuals look pretty good:

http://www.ps-engineering.com/pm1000.shtml and click on the green install manual picture on the right hand side.

You'll need to know the part number for your radio, but it should be on there somewhere.

I have no idea about compatibility with any sort of radio.

Guest Nelson Smith

fLY, I believe the A24 is unsuitable for headset connections.Whether this is the case when using an intercomm i'm not sure. I do know that the A24 runs on 11volts and this rules out running it from the aircraft supply without other voltage regulators.I think Zulu said that Icom were discontinuing the A24 after Jan 2009

Nelson

Hiya Fly,

Ian retails our gear -easy to use, takes 5 minutes to install, easy peasy. Works a treat in an open cockpit.

Transceiver - go for a Vertex VXA220 - price ranges from $300 to $500 depending on where you get them.

Full Airmagic System with Vee Rabbit Antenna, Chatterbox (Active Noise Cancellation), Headsets and Powerbox Power Filter and all fittings to mount into aircraft retails for under $1,500.

The system is specifically designed for open cockpit environments and the more noise the better the system works!

Regards

Perry

airmagic/chatterbox

Hi Perry

thanks for advice,will check it out

What about the old Icom ic a 22or the new ic a 24 will they plug into the aircrafts 12v charging system via a cig lighter ...................FLY