Traffic alert systems

brilin_air

Does anyone have a traffic alert system in their aircraft and do they really work? We are thinking about purchasing a Zaon MRX portable alert system to just have that extra piece of mind for the one that you don't see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

I just bought a XRX last week. Haven't been flying with it yet but the respected dealer gave it a glowing report and it certainly worked even in the hangar. I was watching the runway/taxiways and listening to the radio and it was picking up everything that I saw plus the radio traffic.

Thanks Geoff and philipnz, to philip can you tell me what swayed you to go for the Xrx over the Mrx tcas, it is advertised at nearly 3 times the price and I was wondering if it had 3 times the value.

Brian

Hi Brian

I fly out of Ardmore, NZ's busiest airport in a highwing LSA so I like the idea of having a graphical directional representation in front of me to assist my lookout. The unit is permanently installed.

To be honest 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif I never saw the MRX model. I was shopping for a bluetooth interface and saw the XRX on display. It seemed like a good idea and a better use for my fun vouchers than taking phone calls