Just Landed

James B

Hi All

Here is my short introduction to members of the forum-

I live on my own airfield known as Eva's Field near the village of Hilton in South Africa. Currently fly a 582 powered X-Air and also building a Jabiru powered Zenair 601HD. Been flying off and on for 33 years recreationally, GA aircraft as well as microlights.

Been to Australia to the Jabiru factory as I have built 3 of their aircraft over the years, love the Gold Coast!! :thumb_up::thumb_up:

Cheers

James

Hi James, welcome aboard. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Very impressed with your experience, rather jealous of your visit to Jabiru. I have not traveled much outside of Australia, and probably due to age and financial constraints may never look at any more than photos of South Africa.

Plenty of company here with many like-minded aviators. Enjoy!

Regards, Decca

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif James,

Check out my blog on this forum and you`ll see where I live and fly from.

I started flying 24 years ago in real Ultralights,the first being something I called,a garden chair with a wing on it,this got me excited so I built a copy of a Chinook WT2.

had a lot of fun in it.

A guy who was a student of mine has a 582 X-Air based here so I get to fly it every now and then,quite a good aircraft, I`ve done a fair bit in the Zenith 701 also.

I`ve owned a wire braced Austflight built Drifter since the late eighties and fly it regularly,can`t beat that open air experience.

All the best to you.

Frank.