RA Endorsements

shags_j

Hey all,

Just reading through the ops manual (yeah boring lunch time) and was having a look at the various endorsements etc you can get. Problem was when I went to find what they allow you to do, there seems to be no guidelines (that I could find).

For example the Advanced Pilot Award - Bragging rights only? - seems to be a bit vague while other like Tail wheel seem to be self explanatory (only because of the name though), and others like Low level flying or high performance seem to have no qualitative measures.

I'm sure it's in there and I just can't find it.

Cheers,

Shags

Guest pelorus32

G'day Shags,

I think you'll find that HP is quantitive - from memory it's something like "more than 55 knots cruise".

Most of them are pretty clear. You won't find the limitations necessarily listed along with the endos but often elsewhere in the docs.

Regards

Mike

Guest airsick
from memory it's something like "more than 55 knots cruise".

It is 80 knots. These endorsements are listed in section 2.01 Flight Crew Limitations. That said, I didn't see what the advanced thingy gets you. A big head? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

That shuts me out for advanced. There isn't room for a bigger head than the one I currently have. High performance over 80 kts? It would be harder to fly my plane below 80 than above it!

I believe a Gazelle is high performance but they rarely get over 80 knots. Perhaps it's based on their alleged manufacturers cruise speed of 86 knots 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Cloudsuck

I got my new 'Super Licence' today. It has half the alphabet on it. But they didn't give me the RBAR (Red Bull Air Race) endorsement. Must chase them up about that.