Late rego renewal

Guest ozzie

I noticed last week that my rego ran out on Sunday and as i hadn't recieved the paperwork from the RAAus by Thursday i sent off an email. other than the requested response that it had been read i did not recieve an answer. No paperwork in the mail today. so my bird can't fly i suppose. hope the wind keeps blowing.

anyone else had a problem lately? I had a look at their website but nothing for renewals that i can find.

Ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

Just did a rego transfer and a pilot renewal and they were reasonably quick, maybe they just don't want you'r type these days ?. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Graham Lea

Two of us have never had a problem.

Ask if they have your correct address...

We only just renewed in the last week or so..

Ozzie,last time I renewed my licence (early August) it took a long time to come back.I rang them after about 4 weeks and my licence had expired.They said they would check the mailing list as it had been processed.It was found that somehow it wasn't posted.Anyway,2 days later 2 RAAus envelopes turned up,each with a licence in it,so I went from no licence to having 2 of them.

I just had a reply from Maxine, for some reason it had been dropped from the auto renewal system The technical dept is looking into it. I think maybe because for some reason last year "Prudence" found it's way to the provisional listings after having full rego for 4 years. But what concerns me about this is if i did not pick up that the rego was due i could have forgotten all about it, like the two years worth of tax returns i forgot i had in my bag, and might have come unstuck if something happened and got done by the dept.

So take note of your renewals, it looks like the system is not foolproof. Julie and Maxine have been great and have arranged to pay by phone while they work out what happened.

Skyhog, NSPC bash is on the 6th.

ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

Hey Oz, if that's you diving out of the 'bou, what the hell is it you've got in you'r left hand for Christ sake ! a foldup Lazair or something ?. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thats a photo i took at the military nats at Wagga long time back. They had a shortage of cameraflyers and judges so they invited a bunch of civilians to fill in.

i took this shot with an old handheld OM1. there was another cameraflyer right beside me on exit and that is his left hand with a wristmount altimeter blocking the sun a bit.

The main subject was a student from New Zealand Navy. Kicking like crazy on exit.

It was an interesting couple of weeks. remember Bermo? they made him a colonel. don't think it was for his spotting abilities. he kept putting us all over that base.

ozzie

Guest check-in

I got my membership renewal notice a week after it had expired, then a 'final notice' five days later. So, there was a period there when I was not legal to fly and not insured. Not good. Reminders need to be out at least a month ahead of due date, maybe backed up by email to cover snail-mail glitches. So that those of us who come and go overseas etc have a chance of staying legal.