Lazair drivers call home........

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Hey just wondering folks, are Ozzie and myself the only ones with Lazair time in their logbooks, in this country ??. Check in if I'm wrong please. (Once I thought I was wrong, but I was actually mistaken) 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif:clown:

Guest TOSGcentral

Maj - look mate, if you are feeling lonely then I would be happy (for a very small fee) to put either your's or Ozzie's Lazair in my log book - just to help out.

Your closing comment put me in mind of a reply by Batman to Robin when Batman was asked if he was always right. He said that he thought so!:thumb_up:

Guest Maj Millard

Tony, That's a very kind offer, and many potential replys come to mind, however the best I can come up with is " what sort of an aeroplane would a Thruster be with a Lazair wing on it ?" ( joking of course ) Cheers 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Arthur, you'r definetly one of us, any time in a Lazair counts, and wow four engines that certainly beats me by two, the noise must have been deafning. My first landing was actually on one, as one quit as I pulled the power back, no drama of course as I had the runway made. Just made the whole experience that much more exciting. There was a four engined one in the States, or was it a six ?.I still have the magazine somewhere, I'll dig it out. By the way I did a couple of jumps once out of Taree airport, we jumped into what was called 'Oxley Island' do you know it at all. It was just farming country at that time. Cheers 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

. (Once I thought I was wrong, but I was actually mistaken) 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif:clown:

Just something to ponder...:clown: "If I told you I was a lier, would you believe me??":big_grin:025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Lazair multies

There have been a few done with 4 pioneers and floats. here is one with 2 pioneers and 2 rotaxes with reduction drives . Some owners are reporting cruise speeds in excess of the standard lazairs VNE. :confused:

1778827209_2B4engined20lazair203a.jpg.4f90924d10c782f60b7012268ecb913a.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

Yes that's the one I was thinking of..Article says he once lost one engine, and called a towered field indicating he was inbound, with one of four engines out. when he arrived they were a little pissed, as they had every bit of gear they had out waiting, expecting a DC-7, Hercules or whatever. Great story, the guy should be given an Ultralight Gold medal. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The guy should be given an Ultralight Gold medal

Unfortunately, he's more likely to be given the Bill!

I wonder why he wants so much power?

Just the two Rotax's should exceed VNE.

Arthur.

Guest Maj Millard

Yes exceeding Vne in a Lazair would not be high on my list either, but I don't believe we flew them for 'the need for speed', gee I wouldn't mind flying one with four engines though, that would be a hand full of throttle...relatively speaking of course........Hey this is getting to be a fun thread, any more Lazair multi -engined UL pilots out there? ..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif