GPS and Radio on T83

Guest Alan D. Gent

Guest Alan D. Gent

I have a T83, or it may be a T85, I'm not sure. I'm in the process of assembling it. The dash is quite small, and I'd like to fit my GPS and a radio (that I haven't yet got), but am told would be 'a good idea to have, with the iincreased traffic etc.' Has anybody had a similar problem - is it possible to put in a new dashpanel and rearrange the instruments so I can fit a small VHF radio and space for the GPS mount?091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Guest TOSGcentral

Does not matter if it is a T83 or T85 (or T84 for that matter) - the pods are identical and you will have the same amount of space.

Space is extremely limited in the Single seaters so your only real options is to make alloy mounts to fit on top of the instrument panel each side. It may be possible to mount the GPS high above your normal forward field of vision so that you can glance up at it.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Allan,

I modded my instrument panel recently cos as you said, there's not much room.

I mounted the ASI, ALT and ignition switches on a small panel above the pod coaming and made a central vertical panel with a Stratomaster E.M.S., voltmeter, start switch and fuses. I mounted my handheld Icom on the r/h forward A frame tube and I was thinking of doing the same on the left with my GPS.

Regards,

Mike