thekite

Guest thekite

Guest thekite

Hi Drifterphiles:

I have a 503 Drifter at MKT just south of Darwin, which I will be flying - yes along the roads, to a large extent - to Caloundra, QLD where I now live.

I suppose I will be sorry later if I do not blog as I go. Appreciate any suggestion about the best place to do this.

Also where can I hangar my sweet little Stringbag when I get home?

thekite

i_dunno

As Vorticity has suggested Kilcoy is probably your best bet - there have been / are some new hangers going up & I heard there might be a few spaces to rent. Use the Personal Message (PM) facility of this forum if you want a phone number who might be able to help.

As for somewhere to post your blogs - I haven't used it myself but I believe this forum also offers just such a facility.

Have a great trip

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest thekite

Drifter

We were intending to leave on the 19th Jan 09, and follow the Barkly Hwy into Qld then Mt Isa Cloncurry, McKinley, Emerald, Rockhampton, thence South via the Bruce Hwy to Caloundra-ish. Not even sure if I can get tie-down rights when I get there!

And now the floods have torn the roads to bits!

My wife Jill was to follow me in the ute with a 200l drum of premix, so that I do not have to stuff around too much getting fuel. Also, one of the family will follow on my Harley. Hey, you can't have too many vehicles!

So maybe we will have to go via Alice and Broken Hill....???

Rob

Guest High Plains Drifter

Could i suggest that when you leave Darwin that you just keep Oz on the left 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif ...make for a great trip :thumb_up:

Guest max1090for2

If your going to go via Alice.... any chance of just dropping it off here for a cash settlement??... then you can ride the Harley yourself??

Guest thekite

Er yeah

Fact is, quite apart from the vicissitudes of the weather, we have had a change of plans.

Yes we may well travel via Alice - but without the Drifter.

In short; we will be leaving it in Darwin. And yes the journey is delayed, at least until July. fact is, we have enjoyed visiting our friends in Darwin so much that we will return to work here in May, June and July. And we need to have an aeroplane to fly while we are here.

When we do return, I hope that I will have my helicopter with me. I am building Australia's first kit Mosquito helicopter (see www.mosquito.net.nz) and hope to demo it on our travels. So why do I still need a Drifter? Because it carries 2 and the Mossie carries 1.:thumb_up:

Guest High Plains Drifter

Darwin...its a hard place to escape from 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I am building Australia's first kit Mosquito helicopter

Please keep us all posted - looks like an interesting machine.

• 2 weeks later...